No Fear As He Follows in the Steps of His Gurudeva

Most Revered Srila Gurudev, by His causeless mercy, encouraged me and my wife Bosudha Dasi to travel with Him to different places in India on his preaching tour at the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011. After touring North India and Assam we came to Kolkata in Dec. 2010. 

At the beginning of January 2011, there was an ongoing discussion among Srila Gurudeva's sevak team whether Srila Gurudev would be going to Chakdaha Jagannath temple for the annual festival or not as it was very cold there at that time. I was also afraid to go because I had just recovered from illness.

One day, after Srila Gurudev's Tulsi parikrama, He was going towards His bhajan kutir and looking at my wife He asked her: "We will go to Chakdaha?" My wife responded that it depends on You (Gurudev). 

Gurudev smiled and then pointing at me He said: "Everything depends on him (me). We will go?" 

I replied that I heard it is cold but that it depends on You (Gurudev). 

Then Gurudev smiled and said: "Our Gurudev went there. So we should go. Anyway, we have to die one day. But if we will go to Jagannath and die there, then we will go to Jagannath, isn't it?". 

Then He made a few steps further and looking at me He said: "Don't be afraid, nothing will happen." 

Finally, He entered His bhajan kutir and we all understood that He wants us all to go, and it was finalized. We went there and really there was no problem with cold and it was a very successful festival.

—Madan Gopal Das, Slovenia




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

Capture It in Your Heart