His Loving Accountability

Once devotees from Punjab requested Guruji to come there.  Then Guruji asked to make arrangements and book tickets after speaking with Srila Bhakti Prasad Puri Goswami Maharaj. In those days it used to be a big trip, some 15 days here, some 10 days there like that, and in total some 2-3 months.

One night at 1 o’clock, Guruji came to my room and was waking me up. He said, "Get up, get up."

I opened my eyes and saw Guruji.  I paid obeisances all the time thinking I am dreaming that Guruji has come to my room.  Then Guruji told me to go to send a telegram.  It was 1 o’clock night.  I knew one post office from where we can send a telegram. I took cycle from Paresh Prabhu and went.

Guruji did not sleep until I came back.  He was doing japa, Harinam in the library balcony.  He was seeing outside every now and then whether I was coming or not and he continued chanting.

One policeman stopped me and asked, "Where are you going Pandit ji?"  Seeing my kantihar and anga vastra.  I said I am going for a marriage and he did not stop me.  I went and finished the job and when coming back Guruji was still not sleeping.  Guruji was looking this side and that side of the road thinking from where I am coming.

Then when he saw me coming, he immediately came up to the stairs waited for me there.  Then without a word he went to his room and I followed.  I told Guruji everything is done.  He took the receipt and punched it in the diary, proof that this money is used for telegram.

Guruji would keep a complete record of everything, every single penny, he would make a record with proof where it is used, supported by bills, etc.  Guruji’s work used to be always complete every time.  He is perfect in his work, never hotch-potch, nothing amiss.

The reason Gurudev needed to send the telegram in the middle of the night was that his program was changed. It was important for him to notify the devotees immediately so that they were not expecting him.

—Anantaram Das, Kolkata



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart