He Goes to the Heart of the Problem

I remember one senior god-brother of ours approached Guru Maharaj, long back and explained that he was not able to get along with his god-brothers, and asked what should be done.  He explained the reply Gurudev had given.  He repeated what Gurudev had said, that even he had this problem in the beginning.  But then, he continued," I completely surrendered myself to the lotus feet of my Gurudev and then all my problems were solved." And this god-brother of mine said that he still I hadn't understood what, how it is done; what it means.  It is a fact, complete surrender, probably till that happens, will not be understood by any of us.  

Different devotees recollect how his answers are so unique and something which is irrefutable.  It is complete in itself and is direct.  And sometimes this also happened to us.  In fact, I remember there was a sort of complaint against Guru Maharaj that people would ask him some questions and the reply would be something else.  But whenever I asked Gurudev questions, the answer was very much to the point.  Once a previous servant of Gurudev told me that once this happened with close servants also— they would ask something and could not understand the response of Gurudev also.  It seemed that he is saying something else.  Close servants have a unique opportunity to clarify, more than outsiders.  So he asked Gurudev, "We asked you this, but we could not follow what you have just said."

He continued, "Then Gurudev started explaining to us step by step.  In the process, the servant started deducing his response and asking questions. By the end of that exchange, the servant said he understood that actually, Gurudev had not only precisely responded to our question, but that he directly addressed the root cause of the issue.  While we were looking for the answer to the first level of the question, he went down a few more steps and answered that question. He explained that this was happening because of this, this is happening because of that, so this is what you should do.  That helped me a lot.  Then I understood that Gurudev can see through your heart very clearly.  I myself cannot see my heart at all, but he can see everything.  So even if I am asking some question, he knows where the problem is. I think it is somewhere else and he replies there.    

—Naveen Krishna Das




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart