Auspiciousness Through Lamentation

A poem that was written in Kolkata the day before Srila Guru Maharaja entered nitya-lila:

🌸

 I came here only for Guruji

But now it's become all about me

As I opened my heart so wide

I let something rotten come inside


I introspect that it got in to find

The stale rotten things within my mind

And with a kicking punching fight 

It might just kick them far out of sight


But even more now I feel unqualified to be

Where love is here flowing freely

We're sharing love of Guruji

Our love for him makes him happy


But it became all about me

Why aren't I thinking gratefully?

I guess that I received too much more

Mercy than I'm ready for.


That's a good thing, no doubt there

But when will I pray with love and care?

There's just one thing going on here

The name of Krishna loud and clear


24 hours for so many days now

Krishna's​ name is sung and Kolkata says, "Wow!"

In the streets below people hear and dance

While on the roof we sing in trance


An opportunity so mystifying

Can I remain within this school of crying?

Mind says no, heart says stay

Pockets empty, it's ok


Heart is under operation

Auspiciousness through lamentation

Crying "Gurudeva please stay"

Feeling astounded by your merciful pastimes every day💜


Anjali Dasi

19th April 2017




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity