His Constant Mood as a Servant Does Not Allow Him to Discipline Others

A very beautiful mood of Gurudev is always thinking I am a servant of my Gurudev. Sometimes I would become irritated to see his humbleness because when some people are making noise or some disturbance in the maṭha, I would get angry because I thought why isn’t Gurudev saying anything to them?

Then Gurudev told in hari-kathā, “I am not the Enjoyer, I am not the owner, I am not the master of my Gurudev's maṭha. I am the servant of the servant. Gurudev has given me the responsibility to serve everyone, so how can I chastise and rule over them? How can I say to anyone you are not doing a good thing, you are doing bad?” So this is his unique and different mood. 

When I glorify my Gurudev, no one should think this glory is not matching with their Gurudev because every individual Gurudev has their own very beautiful qualities of Rādhārāṇī, of Kṛṣṇa. These qualities of Śrī Kṛṣṇa and Rādhārāṇī appear in this world in the form of Śrī Guru. In this sense, I speak the glories of all our guru-varga and elevated souls; these are their special qualities.

So Gurudev is always feeling I am the servant of the servant of the servant of his Gurudev. In this mood, he never beats us, chastises us, or forcefully rules over us. This is very different kind of quality which is only found in Śrīmati Rādhārāṇī. Rādhārāṇī is most dear to Kṛṣṇa and she will never chastise anyone—she does not even chastise Kṛṣṇa. Why? Lalitā-sakhī is chastising Kṛṣṇa and Rādhārāṇī. But Rādhārāṇī Herself is not doing this. In that sense Gurudev is always humble, not feeling I am guru.

He never spoke about if he went to any temple or to any place in the world. He never glorified himself, saying things such as "I went there and they came," or "they asked and I gave an answer;" he was always remembering his own Gurudev.

—Śrī Bhakti Prasun Madhusūdana Mahārāj




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity