His Grace Removes Lamentation

When I first came to the maṭha, the love that I got from Śrīla Gurudeva, in the beginning, was unique because I was such a small child when I came here; I am not sure if anyone else had an experience like mine.  

When I came to get harināma from Gurudeva, he asked, "What is your name? And I told him. 

Then he asked, "What is your father's name? And, again,  I told his name. 

Then he said, "Oh, you are the son of that devotee? Do you want to come to Delhi with me?" 

Before Guru Mahārāja had finished giving me harināma, as he was extending the mālā to me, he was telling me to come to Delhi with him. I thought I will miss my home and so I felt like weeping. I thought in my mind, Guru Mahārāja, it is very difficult for me to stay away from my family, so I will stay in Agartala maṭha and serve from there, I will not go anywhere else. 

The next morning Guru Mahārāja saw me. I paid obeisances to Guru Mahārāja, and then he asked me, "Is your stomach okay?" I nodded my head yes. 

Then he asked, "Is your mind okay?" I remained silent. 

He then said, "You see, whenever anyone comes to the maṭha, there will be some disturbance. You just stay, then everything will be okay. Whenever anyone comes to the maṭha, it happens like this, don't worry."

Later I heard that when Guru Mahārāja was a brahmacārī in the maṭha, he got letters from his father. When he approached Param Gurudeva, he told him not to reply. 

In the last letter that Guru Mahārāja received from his father, he made a deeply emotional appeal. He requested, "Wherever you are, please tell me that you are all right." 

Gurudeva said, "I was in such a situation that I could not reply to my father because of what Paramā-gurudeva told me. I went onto the roof of the maṭha and started shouting, Jai Gurudeva! Jai Gurudeva! Immediately after that, I had such feelings of calm and peacefulness."

Paramā-gurudeva had showered such grace that all those feelings of lamentation were gone. Similarly, when I first went away from my house, I felt that Gurujī had showered that strength from above.

-Śrī Bhakti Viveka Narasiṃha Mahārāja



Comments

  1. Please comment and click on the icons above to e mail a post, share on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, or recommend this blog to others on Google +

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart