Remembering His Revered Mother




I used to play daily in the veranda. One day I hit a stone and fell down. I could not breathe properly. There were many old women and grandmothers sitting a little far away.

I was signaling them, but nobody came. All of the sudden, my mother came there somehow. She came towards me, but suddenly took a turn in another direction because she did not see me.

Later she saw me and came to me running. Then she rubbed me and I could breathe properly after that. I understood that even if mother is far from the child she knows about him.

Those who were close by did not come to me. I have seen this practically. That relation (mother-child) is very different. She was some where else, but somehow she knew that her child is in trouble. She came running and none of those who were sitting there came. There is a gulf of difference.
--
Our grandfather was our enemy (laughing). Whenever we used to play he used to come with a cane in his hand to beat us. One day all of my friends ran away but I could not run. He has caught me and taken me. Out of fear I went to my mother and sat in her lap. My fear was gone. My grandfather would come and say, "You!" and would show me the stick. I did not fear as I was in my mother's lap. Even now I remember. If you are in your mother's lap you are fearless, is it not? I have observed it many times.

—Srila Gurudeva's own words, (2010)

---

"Tirtha Maharaj's mother was brought to Kolkata for an operation when he was young. The next morning when he woke up, he inquired from his grandmother as to her whereabouts. She replied that his mother had gone to Kolkata for treatment and asked him to pray to the Lord so that he can meet her soon, but his mother soon passed away."


—Smt. Narayani Talukdar - daughter of Sri Radhamohan Prabhu (Radhamohan Prabhu was a disciple of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura that lived in Goalpara. It was in his house that Srila Gurudeva met Srila Bhakti Dayita Madhav Goswami for the first time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart