Remembrances of Offering Cooking Service to Him

Once I prepared prasādam for Gurujī and served it to him.

Seeing the plate, he said, "You should put the whole chili in the foods that someone may choose to eat it or to leave it."


The next day when I prepared prasādam, I put the whole chili in the preparation and took it to Gurujī.

Gurujī started honoring the prasādam while I sat near him.

Suddenly he cried, "atom bomb!"

I was confused at first but soon understood that he was referring to the green chili. We both started laughing.

Then I asked him if he had ever prepared prasādam for his Gurudeva. He told me there was only one occasion.

"When I asked Gurujī how Parama-gurudeva liked it," he explained, "He told me it was nice, but when I tasted the remnants, there was no salt in it. That was the only time I made prasādam for him."

Gurujī never told anybody that he wanted to eat any certain thing. Whatever the brahmacārī prepared for him, he had it. Once Gurujī told one brahmacārī who cooked for him was like a maid who comes home to cook food and disappears. A mother always takes care of all the children; she prepares the favorite food for every single child.

Gurujī had a little stomach problem. So once I prepared mint chutney, sabzi, and yogurt for him.

Gurujī asked, "What does mint and curd do?"

I replied, "I heard from my mother that it is good for the stomach."

That day Gurujī rested for a long time. After awhile, the sevāk went into his room and switched on the light.

Gurujī woke suddenly and asked, "Who is there?" 

The sevāk replied, "It's me, Gurujī."

Gurujī said, "Oh! I thought it was a thief." Everybody including Gurujī started laughing.

Once we were in Guwahati. We prepared tomato soup there for Gurujī. His sevak told us that Gurujī doesn't like seeds in the tomatoes, so we sieved the soup well and served it to him. Later that sevāk told us that instead of eating the soup with a spoon, Gurujī drank directly from the bowl.

—Premachanda Dāsa



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

Capture It in Your Heart

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet