He Answers Devotee's Questions Without Their Needing to Ask

Whenever any question arises in my mind for which I wish to seek an answer from Guru Maharaj, just by sitting in front of him and without having to ask, the answer to the question is often received.

Once when Guru Maharaj was in Bhatinda, there was a discussion in our house to ask Guru Maharaj whether his coming to math was by running away from home or was it with the permission of parents.  While thinking so when we reached Guruji’s room we saw that Pandieji and his wife from Jalandhar were sitting.  

Pandeji’s wife was crying because their son Bhagavan Das Prabhu had become math-vasi.  As a mother, she felt that if he stays at home then it is good.  Srila Gurudev convincingly told her that there is no reason for her crying and that he had come for the Supreme Lord’s service only.  He continued, "Even I came to math running away from home," and he told his story in detail.

—Partha Sarati Das (Om Prakash Lumba)

Chaitanya Sandesh July-Oct, 1997 (Year 17, Issue No.4, Page 56-60) 




Srila Gurudeva narrates about His leaving home:

"...After hearing his advice, I felt that Srila Gurudeva liked me. I further inquired, 'How should I leave home? If I take my bedding, they will catch me.'

Srila Gurudeva replied, 'Yes, very good, don't come with your bedding. Bring only your clothes.'

I went home, and was leaving with some clothes when my father asked me, 'Where are you going with your clothes?' I replied, 'I have one friend. We will be benefited by meeting him; that is why I am going to meet him.'

My father thought that I had a friend who I would get some material benefit from. He did not know that only the sadhu is the true friend. So he happily gave me his permission to leave. In this way, I came by running away from home..."


Another post where this incident is narrated:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

Capture It in Your Heart