His Special Blessing to a Matajī at the Time of Her Departure

My mother took Harinām from Gurudev. She fell ill during the last two or three years of her stay in this world. She was always speaking to Guru Mahārāj in her heart. Even though she was not in a position to do anything, whatever she had to do – go to the bathroom, eat, or whatever – she would only say, "Gurujī, Gurujī, Gurujī, Gurujī..."

My mother-in-law also often told me, "Guru Mahārāj will do so much good for me." Once, I heard that Guru Mahārāj came to New Delhi, so my wife and I went to the maṭh. I got a garland from him, took it back to my house, and put it on my mother-in-law. She immediately left the body.

The next day, we took her to the crematorium, and Gurujī, with his own hands, sent a tulasī for her. She always wanted to serve Guru Mahārāj with a nice quilt, etc. Guru Mahārāj was pleased with her that she always wanted to do service, so Guru Mahārāj also assisted her in her last stages of life.

She told Guru Mahārāj one time " I don't remember mantras, I cannot do anything."

Guru Mahārāj told her, “You don't have to do anything, simply chant the mahāmantra always, then you will get everything."

Then she chanted mahāmantra always, so as soon as the garland was put on her, she immediately left the body.

I understood that only for this purpose, Guru Mahārāj had come all the way from Kolkata to New Delhi, understanding the position of his disciple.

—Sharmaji, New Delhi

(reposted)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart