Adored by the Entire Gaudiya Society

I was a child when I first came to Sree Caitanya Gauḍīya Maṭha in Kolkata to take darśana of the deities. It was evening time when Param-pūjyapāda Mādhava Gosvāmī Mahārāja was coming down with his tridanda to set out for Puri. Pūjyapāda Mahārāja asked his servants to inquire about our whereabouts and the purpose of our visit. 

They gave our introduction to him. Pūjyapāda Mahārāja said “Baba, I am going to Puri now. You should take some prasādam.” Pūjyapāda Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja, who was a brahmacārī that time, served us prasādam with his own hands. Though I was a child at that time, I still remember that incident even today.

In 1996, I was present with Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja for the circumambulation of Vraja-maṇḍala for nearly 35 days. What ecstatic kirtana he sung!  What an extraordinary dance he performed! How efficient he was! His diligence and his powerful dance were all spellbinding.

He came to our Caitanya Āśrama in Behala several times. He would smilingly say to me, “Yati Mahārāja, I brought so many devotees with me.”

I would tell him, “Mahārāja, please come. It’s a matter of great happiness for us.” 

He would cast a very affectionate glance upon me. When I fell ill or whenever I informed him about various programs in our āśrama via letters through my sevāks, he would immediately send money. 

Until today, he offers service to our Guru Mahārāja (Śrīla Bhakti Kumuda Santa Gosvāmī Mahārāja) and sends servants from Sree Caitanya Gauḍīya Maṭha for various services in our maṭha during festivals.

If transcendental persons like him do not descend repeatedly in various yugas to this earth that is filled with unholy things, then who would bring light to this earth burdened with unwanted things or persons? 

Pūjyapāda Mahārāja, who is the current Ācārya of Caitanya Gauḍīya Maṭha is especially adored by the entire Gauḍīya society. His personality, vaiṣṇava conduct, and his exemplified steady service to his Gurudeva makes him a person to be honored by all. 

sujog diyecho sri harir sevate patita pavana tomara kaaj
jaya he jaya Sri Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja
pranami tomara ratula charane kripa kana das magiche aar
jaya he jaya Sri Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja

You have given us the opportunity to serve Sri Hari and you are the rescuer of the fallen. All glories, all glories unto you, O Śrīla Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja. I pay my obeisances unto your lotus feet. Please bestow a speck of your mercy on this servant. All glories, all glories unto you, O Śrīla Bhakti Ballabha Tirtha Gosvāmī Mahārāja.

-  Pūjyapāda Bhakti Sundara Yati Mahārāja, 2015









Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart