Dedication as Positive Renunciation

Once our Puri maṭha had won a court case. Paramā-gurudeva and Gurujī were in Guwahati. Paramā-gurudeva told Gurujī to go immediately to Jagannātha Puri. He bought the ticket and was ready to leave right away.

He had a water bottle whose handle was broken. Gurujī took a rope made of coir, tied it to the bottle, and hung it on his shoulder.

When Paramā-gurudeva saw this, he exclaimed, “You are traveling by air like this?” 

He is such a renounced person that he never paid heed to the mundane world. Among all the qualities of Gurujī, his biggest quality is surrender towards Paramā-gurudeva. Our Gurujī was made Ācārya not only because he was educated, but because he is totally surrendered. Our Gurujī never repeated anything other than his Gurudeva’s words.

He always said, “I heard from my Gurudeva like this” or “My Gurudeva said such and such words.” He is always singing his glories. 

He said, “My Gurudeva has instructed me to only repeat the words of Guru, Vaiṣṇava, and Scriptures wherever I go, and that I should not speak anything out of my own mind. This alone will bring auspicious to me.”

—Bhakti Vibudha Muni Mahārāja (2015)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart