His Sweetness Can Only Be Found in a Pure Devotee

Sri Sri Guru Gaurangau Jayatah!
Jaya Sri Sri Sita-Rama!

Your Holiness Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Maharaja, please accept my humble obeisances at your lotus feet on the auspicious occasion of your appearance.

It is with feelings of extreme affection and humility that I offer you my gratitude and eternal devotion, and, despite my lack of qualification, I want to express the happiness caused by the great mercy you have bestowed upon this fallen soul. How fortunate I feel that you have shown such compassion toward me. Your letters of instruction and encouragement are everything in the world to me. I live by your kind and valuable instructions; they are my life and soul. I read through your letters in your book, Affectionately Yours, and am able to find all the guidance necessary for a struggling living entity. You are the sadguru, rare in this world and the only true friend. What kind of person would not bow down to your lotus feet?

My heart is full of love, gratitude and feelings of bliss due to your exalted appearance in this world, which is full of suffering. You are the Super-Excellent Representative of Supreme Lord Sri Krishna. Who else can alleviate the miseries of the imprisoned living entities? Your mission in this world is so glorious and magnanimous that I am at a loss to properly glorify you. I feel utterly inadequate but I must try.

Your sweetness and compassion are only to be found in the pure devotee of the Lord. This is why I worship and adore your dear lotus feet; they are my very life and soul. I am a particle of dust at those divine lotus feet. You have given your mercy freely, and I weep at the thought that you have given me the necessary hope and courage to carry out your instructions with sincerity and fortitude.

Please accept my loving and sincere attempts to inform you of my eternal gratitude and attachment to your divine lotus feet. I bow down with great humility and respect at your glorious and worshipable lotus feet.

Your humble servant,

Brahmidevi Dasi 

from Vyasa puja offering, 2013


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart