Capture It in Your Heart

In 2005, I decided to visit Jagannāth Puri for Ratha-yātrā. It was my first visit to any maṭha after harināma. The first thing I did was to equip myself with a film SLR camera anticipating interesting moments and visuals. Every year from then on, the camera always accompanied me, so much so that most of the time, I used to take snapshots more than actually participating.

In 2010 or maybe 2011, I was staying in Mumbai. A few devotees wanted to purchase a camera for the maṭha-sevā, and, supposing I knew a bit about cameras, I accompanied them along for the purchase. Some research was done, and we picked up a Canon SLR and a couple of lenses.

Soon after that, we went off to Jagannāth Puri. We were excited about the visit. It was during Ratha-yātrā, and Śrī Gurudeva was there for some days.

A special darśan was organized for the Mumbai devotees. We walked in and offered praṇāms. As usual, I was holding the camera and shooting from many angles. At some point, I went closer to join the light conversation that was taking place. I showed Gurujī the camera and the many pictures I had taken. Gurujī smiled and looked at me directly. There was gravity in the tone of his voice as he spoke.

Waving his hand towards his heart, he said, "You should capture it in your heart. That is more important."

Some understanding began on my part after that. I have not bothered to carry the camera since then, despite participating in many festival occasions. I still await the day when I can capture Him in my heart.

—Arjun Das, Bangalore



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Will you also provide the blog with some inspiring material, prabhu? : )

      Delete
  2. Such a nice pastime Arjun Pr, it happens with me also, very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring Pastime Arjun Prabhuji, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope you can also inspire us and contribute some pastime remembrance to the blog. : )

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet