His Great Appreciation for Small Acts of Love

One year near Christmas and New Year's Day, I observed everyone exchanging cards and gifts, so I thought I would make a card for Guru Mahārāja and decorate it with birds. He opened the card, and I had written something inside.

In a mood of shyness, I told him, "You don't have to read what I have written."

I felt happy that he spent time looking at the birds that I drew, and he was touching them with his sweet hand and then kept that card on his table. After three or four months, I got an opportunity to serve him inside his room, and to my great surprise, I saw that this card was still there!

This reminded me of how I had once heard a devotee describing one incident in which a Matajī had been standing quietly next to Gurudeva while clenching onto a one-rupee coin. There were many wealthy devotees around that were offering big stacks of rupee notes and opulent gifts.

She felt shy to offer such a small thing to Gurudeva, but He saw inside her heart and extended his hand to grab the small coin from Matajī.

I also felt that he did not see my gift as insignificant, so he kept my card.

I felt in my heart, "Guru Mahārāja, I am your smallest son, and you have kept my card on your table."

—Sundara Gopāla Dāsa





Comments

  1. Jai Srila Gurudeva. Your mercy has no boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, His mercy is for all. He doesn't look at what is on the outside, but what is truly inside one's heart.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart