His Loving Responses to the Desires of Devotees

On Utthana Ekadasi at the end of Kartik in 2013, I found myself alone in our daily online early morning satsang, as many of our godbrothers and godsisters were either in Kolkata Math or in Chandigarh Math celebrating with Gurudeva and Vaishnavas.

I offered Mangalacharan and later read from Gurudev's teachings. Then I remembered a webcast was announced by Chandigarh Math to begin shortly, and I hoped to join there at least. No luck was with me as I found there was some problem with my internet connection. I felt very dejected.

Being alone at home that day, I tried to log into the math website for the webcast of celebrations from Kolkata, but to no avail. I registered my complaint with BSNL and waited. I spent the whole day chanting, and I read Srila Gurudev's article on Param Gurudev from Sri Chaitanya: His Life and Associates.

Somehow that day I had a strong feeling that Gurudeva would speak Harikatha and break his pastime of silence. At almost 9 pm, before going to bed, I again tried to log into the math website—my last hope. And, lo! It opened.



I heard one kirtan by Gurudev and then clicked a small video clip of His Harikatha spoken in Bengali on Utthana Ekadasi. Gurudeva was speaking about Param Gurudev and I heard Him say, “Jai Gurudev! Jai Gurudev! Jai Gurudev!” Radhakant Prabhu, who was holding the mic for Gurudev, also repeated “Jai Gurudev!” thrice.

My joy knew no bounds, and I also shouted “Jai Gurudev! Jai Gurudev! Jai Gurudev!” How compassionate is Gurudev to know and fulfill every little heart's desire. When I thought about this, my eyes filled with tears.

A few days before this, I had complained to one of our godbrothers that I was not able to access any Harikatha from the math website and he told me it would be rectified. I sent a mail to thank him for the reply and to say that I felt he made my day…or, was it Gurudev?

—Vishakha Dasi, Bangalore




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart