Our Peerless Custodian

One time I was going back to Pune from Kolkata. Radhika was also leaving Kolkata, and both of us got darsan of Guru Maharaj the night before we were supposed to leave. We got 5-10 minutes to speak with him.

When we went together, Guru Maharaj got a very big smile. He thought both of us were going together. He asked if we had money. I told Guru Maharaj that I was going to Pune, and Radhika was going to China. Immediately Guru Maharaj had the face of worry and said, “Oh, you are going alone? You are going such a long way alone? It would be good if there was someone to go with you.” At that time, Nand dulal Prabhu, my husband, was not there with me.

I heard many times that Guru Maharaj has so much affection for many devotees, but this was the first time I experienced it directly myself. Sandeep Prabhu was in the room at the time and told Guru Maharaj not to worry, that he could go with me to Pune. Guru Maharaj seemed relieved and agreed.

There was another time that Nand dulal Prabhu and I went to see Guru Maharaj. We told him that we were going by flight. He said, “Oh, there is so much turbulence in the air!” He was so concerned. We were smiling inside. So many people are traveling by flights, but the concern he has towards all living entities, we experienced.

We heard many times how much compassion he has for every living being, but this was the first time we experienced it directly. We were very new at that time, maybe 2009. We thought he did not know us, but the love he showed at that time was beyond speech.

—Rukmini Dasi, Kolkata




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

Capture It in Your Heart