His Guruvarga Sings the Glories of His Association

Today is the appearance day of Lord Śrī Rāmachandra and Śrīpad Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Mahārāj, Ācārya of All India Sree Caitanya Gauḍīya Maṭh. Appearance Day of both the Lord and His devotee has arisen together today. Singing the glories of Vaiṣṇavas is most beneficial for us.  It liberates the jīvas.

Śrīpad Mahārāj did not take initiative to become Ācārya.  He accepted the position of Ācārya to fulfill the desire of his Gurudev.  A long time ago when I was at Goalpara Maṭha in Assam along with Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj, one of our godsisters asked Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj, “You are not keeping well. After you, who will perform the duties of Ācārya?  Have you made any arrangements for this?”

Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj smiled and told her, “Yes, I know. I will make perfect arrangements before I go. She asked, "Who will you appoint?" Mahārāj replied, “I will not mention his name now, but the one whom I nominate will be even better than me.”

I was also hearing this conversation. Taken by surprise, our godsister asked Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj, "Is there anyone better than you?"

For this Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj smilingly said, "Yes, there is!"

So I am not just simply singing the glories of Śrīpad Tirtha Mahārāj on my own. I have personally heard his glories from my sannyās-guru and śikṣā-guru Pūjyapāda Mādhava Gosvāmī Mahārāj.

I will tell you one more instance. In the initial days of my initiation into sannyās, Pūjyapāda Mādhava Gosvāmī Mahārāj took me with him to Assam’s Tejpur maṭha. One day he was sitting on my left side and Keśava Prabhu was on the other. In the midst of the conversation, Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj  said, “You may not be aware of this, so let me tell you that I have nominated Tirtha Mahārāj  to perform all of my duties.”

I have grown old now. I joined maṭh in my very childhood. I do not know what fruits of pious activities have got me the association of such great Vaiṣṇava. You are having darśan of Sripad Tirtha Mahārāj and also have his association; this is your great fortune. Today is the appearance day of Pūjyapāda Tirtha Mahārāj. We are all very fortunate that we have got this good opportunity to celebrate the appearance day of a Vaishnava.

I do not have any qualifications to speak the glories of Mahārāj. I am disqualified in all respects.  Even so, Mahārāj mercifully keeps me in his association. A Vaishnav like Tirtha Mahārāj is presently very difficult to find in this world. In spite of having attained such high scholarship, Mahārāj is very simple. He has never-ending blessings of Parāma Pūjyapāda Mādhava Mahārāj upon him.

Only on the strength of Gurudev's mercy, he completed the difficult task of such wonderful propagation of Mahāprabhu's teachings. Without the mercy of guru, it is impossible to make progress on the spiritual path. What is possible by the mercy of sadguru is not possible in spite of lakhs of lives of spiritual practice. Sripad Tirtha Mahārāj is not an ordinary man. A Vaiṣṇava appears in the world to bring its auspiciousness.

On the occasion of Mahārāj’s appearance day, I am with him, sitting next to him; this also is his causeless mercy upon me.  I have no practice in giving lectures and also I do not know the Hindi language.  On the orders of Vaiṣṇava, I have spoken a little in the language I know.

- Parāmapūjyapāda Tridaṇḍī Svāmī Śrīmad Bhakti Sharan Trivikrāma Mahārāj, Disciple of His Divine Grace Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura

Source: Chaitanya Sandesh July-Oct, 1997 (Year 17, Issue No.4, Page 6)

translated from Bangla


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart