Hearing His Voice in Separation

It was with Gurudeva that I first had a very powerful experience of what sabda-brahma is. Although I did not have the fortune of participating in any of Gurudeva's kirtans, I got to hear him pray to Param-Gurudeva and our previous Acaryas in Param-Gurudeva's Bhajan kutir. His simple uttering of the names of Param-Gurudeva and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada in separation was the most powerful kirtan I have ever heard in my life, and I have been in many wonderful kirtans.

I have read and heard from the Caitanya Caritamrta about the devotional ecstasies of Sri Gaurangadeva and his devotees, and Srila Gurudeva actually displayed these intense ecstasies of separation and captured my heart with his intense love for Param Gurudeva.

Another interaction with Gurudeva that I cherish deeply in my heart is from when I had his darsana at the hospital in Guwahati. I was allowed to see Gurudeva face to face and, although his eyes were closed, he sent an overwhelming wave of affection into my heart and thus reminded me that he is not bound by any physical limitations, that he is always seated in my heart.

I pray to Srila Gurudeva to keep me eternally engaged in his transcendental loving service in the service of Sri Gaurangadeva and Sri-Sri Radha-Krsna.

Sincerely,

Abhimanyu Das, USA
2015 Vyasa Puja offering






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

He Could Not Allow His Disciples to Bathe His Feet

Capture It in Your Heart