When I was working, Guru Mahārāja would be concerned and ask, "How do you manage?" He used to speak in Bengali and show all his concerns. Now we are living near Guru Mahārāja. One day, a few months back, I was in a very low mood, thinking I am so far away from my parents and I need to see them. My daughter Shāmbhogi said, “Why are you worried? You are near Guru Mahārāja—that is the only blessing you need!” I was amazed that my daughter said that. When I come, I feel that I am visiting my family home, all my god-brothers are here, so I am not missing them so much. -Kuntī Devi Dāsi, Kolkata
One time I came to Chandigarh to meet Guru Mahārāja right after Kārtika. His sevāks said, “No, actually, Guru Mahārāja is tired now. Kārtika is finished, so there is no more darśana.” But then they said, “No, no, okay, come. Guru Mahārāja’s darśana is open.” When they opened the door, the whole room was so bright and effulgent and Guru Mahārāja was sitting there with a smile on his face. And I was so happy, so relieved to see him; it was like a shower of relief after burning in the sun of the West. I sat at his lotus feet and I said, “Guru Mahārāja, I feel so lonely, you’re so far away, I don’t have your association.” Guru Mahārāja looked a little confused. He looked at me and said, “You are never alone. Kṛṣṇa is always in your heart.” I said, “But Guru Mahārāja, I feel so far away, please give me your blessings.” And Guru Mahārāja said so humbly, “Okay, I will pray to Guru-varga for you.” He is never taking the position of guru, always the position o...
On Caitra Krsna Navami (9th day of the dark fortnight of the lunar month Caitra), April 20, 2017, Thursday, 10:15 PM, at the onset of the 7th day of non-stop sankirtan, and while his favorite kirtana ‘Radha Kunda Tata’ was being sung, Srila Gurudeva entered into the eternal pastimes (nitya-lila) of Sri Sri Radha- Govinda. The time of his entrance into the nitya-lila is very significant, as it corresponds to the passage of time from the 7th to the 8th period of the day, i.e. the time of transition from prema-viprambha (love in separation) to prema-sambhoga (love in union). When separation becomes unbearable then union is imminent, and the union that comes after separation is delightful. Over the years, devotees witnessed Srila Gurudeva’s desperate cries motivated by separation from his divine master but now, to his delight, he is reunited with his divine master in his eternal pastimes. On the other hand, Srila Gurudeva’s dear disciples and his loved ones in this world were left in a s...
Comments
Post a Comment