His Mercy Knows No Bounds

All Glories to Sree Sree Guru and Gauranga!

I consider myself fortunate beyond doubt that  I got to see and have the association of Gurudev very early in my life. I was in school when I first had his darshan at Gita Bhawan (Jammu), of course my elder brother Rasaviharidas being the catalyst. It soon became an annual affair as I used to attend his discourses, attend nagar sankirtan processions, and honor prasadam with my family and others when he used to visit us during the month of September every year.


That time I did not have the guts to ask him questions but slowly as I grew up I started to ask some as he had plenty of time for all of us. When after marriage I came to Kolkata far away from my parents Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math Kolkata was my second home or 'mayeka' as we call it. 

I took Diksha after marriage as my in-laws were very supportive. I remember after the birth of my daughter I asked Gurudev that I could not chant much due to 'her'. Gurudev smilingly said that there is nothing to worry as I can chant Mahamantra orally anytime without the japa mala. A few years later my son was born and Gurudev gave him the name Tarun Krishna. As my husband used to be out at sea for a major time Gurudev used to console me and show his concern every time I went to have his darshan. 

Gurudev's mercy is undoubtedly beyond this universe. His infectious smile saying "aa gaya" (oh you have come) melts our hearts. I hope to see you regularly as you are always motivating me and I pray that you bestow your infinite blessings on me and my family and help me prosper in the path to divine love.

Your servant's servant's servant


—Kavita Shastri (Kunti Dasi)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity