His Gentle Way of Instructing

I first saw Guru Mahārāja in December 1996 in Jalandhar when he came to install deities in the Śrī Śrī Rādhā-kṛṣṇa Mandir there. Before Śrī Devendra Prabhu built the temple, it was only known to my friends and I as a plot of land where we played cricket. After the temple was built, my friend invited me to a very nice function there. 

We saw Mahārāja there for the first time and then we got attached. Then next year Mahārāja came there again and I went to the temple. At that time Mahārāja and Acharya Mahārāja were in the room and we asked a sevāk whether we can have darśana and he said, "Yes, yes, you go."

That time I think Mahārāja was dictating and Acharya Mahārāja was writing. We paid obeisances and I spoke to Mahārāja and told him I wanted to apply tilak. He said, "If you desire to make the tilak, first pour the water in the pañcapātra and then call the holy rivers."

I can't forget this kind of dialogue that took place while sitting near to Mahārāja; he was speaking so nicely. This is very special and we cannot forget it.


—Madhusudana Dasa

13th August, 2023 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity