Remembering When He Would Take Prasād

I remember once when Guru Mahārāja was eating prasād and suddenly began talking about his mom. He suddenly said, "atom bomb." I was just surprised and I said, "Mahārāja, what do you mean atom bomb?"

He showed me a chili in his hand and said, "It is an atom bomb." I was puzzled and said, "Mahārāja, the atom bomb fell on Hiroshima in Japan." He said, "No, this one is." That made me laugh and he was smiling as well.

My wife and I used to make different vegetables, different dals, and different types of chapatis in his kitchen and he loved all the cooking.

He used to speak very gently and I could hardly hear sometimes. I always said, "Yes, Yes, Yes." And that was when he always had prasād. 

When having prasād instead of taking the typical 15 minutes to half an hour, he used to take an hour and a half and everyone used to start worrying, thinking what is happening inside? He would take prasād so long. 

When somebody starts speaking about Guru Mahārāja then you can remember lots of other pastimes. Otherwise some remembrances are there inside but it does not come out until somebody starts speaking about them. Then you remember those things. 

I feel when we talk about such pastimes of Guru Mahārāja then we have the privilege to serve such a mahatma.

—Premachanda Prabhu, UK

13th August, 2023 Zoom Session



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity