His Teachings Come to Us As Dear Memories

I remember that for a long time, I wanted to have a Gurudeva in Kṛṣṇa Consciousness. I was already praying to Kṛṣṇa for many years, but I thought how can I choose Gurudeva on my own behalf? This is completely impossible because I would choose him using the wrong basis such as how he is looking, or if there was a nice community, or other types of social things. When I always prayed to Kṛṣṇa I told, "Please You choose my Gurudeva who is the best for me."

And I remember one friend of mine, Arjuna, who afterward brought me to Gurudeva. One day he sent me the website of Gurudeva and when I was opening up that website such a laugh and light came into my heart and blew me away. And I immediately knew this was my Guru Mahārāja, this is my Gurudeva. And I never had any doubts since that day.

And then I started to read the website and it was written that Gurudeva’s thought of being a Gurudeva was that he got that favor from his Guru Mahārāja because he thought he had to learn to serve the devotees more and that is why he got the sevā to be a guru. And when I read this it was blowing me away. I thought, okay, this is really a master who has the deepest humbleness in all his actions, and everything he does is his sevā.

So I went immediately with Arjuna and Akiñcana Prabhus to see Gurudeva in India and I felt this profound humbleness of Gurudeva deeply. I think about him during many events in my life; even if he is not present physically, he is somehow present. He is always teaching me through those happiest moments when we met. And I think this is the way of love. How else can love grow? I feel that only with humbleness it can grow.

—Anaṅga-mañjarī Dāsī

Spoken August 27, 2023 at Zoom Meeting 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Accepts Every Circumstance With Utmost Humility

"She Has Gone to Goloka-dhāma "

The Greatness of His Simplicity